Orange Olive Oil Cake
This Orange Olive Oil Cake includes Greek yogurt, olive oil and cornmeal to add some protein and healthy fats to a pound cake-like dessert.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- ? cup butter, softened
- ? cup cornmeal
- ? cup olive oil
- ? cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- ? cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- ? teaspoon salt
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla or honey Greek yogurt, for serving (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a Bundt pan.
- Cream eggs, sugar and butter together in a medium bowl. Add all remaining ingredients except powdered sugar and flavored Greek yogurt and mix until just combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared Bundt pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until center springs to the touch. Allow to cool completely and turn cake out onto a plate.
- Sprinkle cake generously with powdered sugar. Serve each slice with a dollop of vanilla or honey Greek yogurt, if desired.