Cinnamon Rolls with Orange Glaze
A traditional morning favorite gets a citrus-inspired upgrade in these Cinnamon Rolls with Orange Glaze.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 ? teaspoons (1 packet) instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 cups flour
- ? teaspoon sea salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ? cup brown sugar
- 1 ? cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- ? cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Once preheated, turn off oven.
- To prepare the dough, melt the butter in a small saucepan. Once melted, add the milk and heat until mixture is warm but not hot (about 110 to 115 degrees).
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the warm milk and butter, sugar, yeast and cinnamon. Stir to combine. Add the egg and stir again. Add the flour and salt and knead the mixture with a dough hook attachment until the dough begins to pull away from the side of the bowl, approximately 1 to 2 minutes.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and knead by hand for about 1 minute. Form the dough into a ball, place it in a greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Proof in the warm oven for 30 minutes.
- While the dough is proofing, add all the filling ingredients to a small bowl and stir to combine.
- When dough is finished proofing, remove it from the oven and preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Roll the dough into a 12-by-18-inch rectangle. Spread the filling mixture evenly over the dough. Starting with the long edge, roll the dough tightly into a log shape. Slice the dough into 9 equal sections (see note) and place the rolls in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Bake rolls for 20 to 25 minutes, or until slightly browned.
Serving size: 1 roll|Calories: 454g|Sodium: 238mg|Fat: 16.9g|Carbohydrates: 70.2g|Fiber: 1.8g|Protein: 6.4g|