Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
These easy Chocolate Crinkle Cookies dusted with powdered sugar are a classic treat that the whole family will love.
- ? cup neutral-tasting oil (such as avocado, grapeseed or canola)
- 1 ? cups sugar, divided
- 2 eggs + 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ? cup cocoa powder
- ? teaspoon instant espresso powder
- ? teaspoon baking soda
- ? teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ? cups all-purpose flour
- ? cup powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil and 1 cup of sugar, then add the eggs and vanilla and whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cocoa powder, espresso powder, baking soda, salt and flour, whisking to combine. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredient mixture and mix to combine. The batter should be thick and fudgy.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator to chill for a minimum of 1 hour and up to 24 hours.
- After chilling, heat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the remaining granulated sugar (? cup) on a plate and the powdered sugar on another. Scoop about a tablespoon of batter out and form it into a ball. Roll the dough ball in the granulated sugar, then in the powdered sugar, and place on the baking sheet. Space the cookies a few inches apart and repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, then move to a cooling rack.
Serving size: 1 cookie|Calories: 111g|Sodium: 63mg|Fat: 4.7g|Carbohydrates: 17.1g|Fiber: .6g|Protein: 1.5g|