Carrot Lemon Soup
This warm carrot lemon soup is perfect for cold winter days. Serve it alongside a piece of flatbread or a sandwich for a complete meal.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ? cup onion, chopped
- 3 cups carrots, chopped
- ? cup celery, chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock or bone broth, divided
- ? cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1-2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ? teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- Plain Greek yogurt, for serving
- Melt butter in a pot over medium-low heat. Add onion, carrots and celery, and saute until vegetables are softened and slightly golden brown.
- In a food processor or blender, combine sauteed vegetables with 1 cup stock or broth and puree until very smooth. Return to pot and add the remaining stock or broth, lemon juice and zest, honey, cornstarch, salt, and cayenne pepper. Simmer over medium-low heat for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Divide soup into serving bowls and top each with a dollop of Greek yogurt. Serve warm.